At Hotel Indigo we have teamed up with Stuart Wardle of The Durham Fly Fishing Company, a top UK & International Fly Fishing Guide and Tutor to provide a range of unique and exclusive fly-fishing experience for our guests.
Whether you fancy trying fly-fishing for the very first time on the local River Wear or are more experienced and would like to explore some of the wonderful fly-fishing opportunities in the region, we can arrange a bespoke experience to fit around your own schedule. It really is a great way to discover the area and a wonderful way to be completely immersed in nature.
Here’s a taster of the kind of packages you can enjoy:
A 2-3 hr session based near Durham City and fishing a stretch of the River Wear.
- Learn the art of casting a fly
- Learn about the food (insects) the trout eat and where they live in the river
- Have a really fun experience immersed in nature
- Use your new skills to catch a wild river brown trout or grayling
- Receive a unique and exclusive Hotel Indigo Experience memento of your day to keep and impress your family and friends